Thursday, November 29, 2007

eyeglasses case


Glasses case
Originally uploaded by pout on a whim
I recently asked Chatterbelle what she would like to give grandma for her birthday. Her enthusiastic response was, "eyeglasses"! Since eyeglasses are a difficult item to gift, I suggested we make grandma something to store the pair she already owns in. Chatterbelle drew the design and I embroidered it on felted wool. The color didn't photograph well, it is actually wine red, not brown. The case is interfaced and lined with cotton flannel. Embroidery is done with a chain stitch using orange, yellow, and green threads. The orange trim is wool felt.

I will do another post on our collaborative projects at another time.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I love this! It's such a great idea for a present. I'm sure Grandma will love it. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!